I woke up the day after the 2017 election compelled to share this article. We’ve all been taught many ‘laws of success’ over the years; reasons that explain why something or someone succeeds. We can’t always take this on blind faith. If you’re like most people, you want a healthy dose of proof.
This is by no means a political stance or statement, but rather a poignant way of proving to you that success follows certain laws. Laws have no exceptions; rules do.
The question raised by millions is “Why is Donald Trump President?” The answer may be summed up in one word.
Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Obama Won For the Same Reasons
It happens to be the same reason Obama won in 2008 and 2012. Marketing.
You’ve probably heard a dozen times:
“Victory Goes To The One With Superior Forces at the First Points of Contact.”
Barack Obama and Donald Trump both achieved victory at the polls because their marketing was spot on and they each kicked ass at the first points of contact.
Marketing is always the tool that determines the winner – whether it be a new product, service, business, book, idea or even the race to the presidency.
Hillary Clinton was clearly more politically qualified, more seasoned and better supported for both runs to the White House, but she was defeated in each case. With hindsight being 20/20, it’s easy to speculate why.
Donald Trump out-marketed Hillary Clinton from the day he announced his Presidency:
- He clearly explained why he was both different and unique
- He found out what his audience wanted and promised to give it to them.
- He mastered the art of social media; especially Twitter.
- He unabashedly shouted his message loud and proud.
- He followed the Marketing Equation to a ‘T’ – He Interrupted, Engaged, Educated and Offered his alternatives.
No one can argue with these facts.You Can Rocket Your Way to the Top
If you have the ability to stick to your plan and not get distracted by anything along the way, you can follow this simple plan to the top. It summarizes EVERYTHING we have shared with you thus far.
Here is the simple (not easy) plan to winning. If you want to become successful, wealthy, famous and even President of the United States, you must:
- Become Great at Marketing
- Embrace Social Media
- Share Your Vision – Be Loud and Proud
That’s it.Print it out, stick it on your wall, stay focused and accomplish anything your heart desires.
Your Unfair Advantage #19:
Think of Donald Trump’s Perfect Execution of the Marketing Formula – and Use It Yourself!
Let’s break down these 3 and see why Trump (and Obama) was able to win the Presidency – despite their lack of ‘qualifications’ over the favorites.
- Become Great at Marketing – It was no secret that Hillary was in great standing with the media. It was reported her campaign had many of them on speed dial. Yet, she was still beat at this first point of contact. Every night Trump would steal the headline and get the media talking about him. He had 18 opponents dwindle away, one by one, because he was far better at this point of contact. He travelled the US with a simple and easy to grasp message… “Make America Great Again”. That paint’s a better picture than “I’m with Her”
- Embrace Social Media– In order to reach the masses, you need many ways to do that. Get good at using social media. Trump was often criticized for his use of Twitter. Yet, he explained it was a simple way to reach out to millions of people in seconds. Hillary had her team of people occasionally send out a calculated message. People like to be involved. He used Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and his website to offset the media.
- Share Your Vision – It’s important to state, your vision must be worth sharing, simple to grasp and bigger that you. Trump painted a picture of a greater America – Make America Great Again. He describe a handful of ways he would do that, and provided basic details on how it would get done. The end result was enough to keep people loyal to the cause. That’s one of the keys to effective marketing. Sell the BENEFITS not the FEATURES. Obama did the same thing in 2008 – Yes We Can! This chant heard at all of his rallies was short and to the point. He was the first President to truly embrace and leverage the power of social media to interrupt, engage and educate the American public with his message. It allowed him to share his vision with a far greater audience than just those watching the nightly news or reading newspapers.
The winner/loser of the past 3 elections is not the point here.
The point is HOW TO WIN.
You may have a business, idea or product you want to share with the world. Get good at marketing and you will succeed.
You don’t have to be great (Trump proved that) you just need to be better than your competition.
By Bob Sisk